Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Thoughts from the Family


This has been a good week for Bible study so far.  We are still in 1 Samuel with the Sunday School lessons, and I have so enjoyed using Dr. Bob Bergen's commentary to better understand the Scripture. I am thinking about moving my desk downstairs into the school room. Everything is such a mess right now as we try to figure out what and who goes where! haha.  
The best routine of any day is to begin with Bible study . . . . it has worked for me over the years, and I feel it keenly when I don't do what I should.  Years ago, when Dear Daughter was on the way, I had a tremendous teaching challenge, teaching dual-enrollment and regular college classes at three different locations (in another state where we then lived).  I decided that I had to be "prayed up" when I left so every morning, I started the day with a time of intense prayer and study. Those days were really difficult, but joyous in their own way. This school year will have its own challenges, but I think we all need to be "prayed up."  My heart and thoughts definitely need some housekeeping (Psalm 51).

At the Home Educator's fair in Chattanooga, I bought 2 wonderful Bible study books from the Rod and Staff folks so that Dear Son 2 and I could do something  together. I would like to get started this week so that the routine can be firmly established by the time classes begin.  Dear Daughter and I have things to do together, and Dear Son 1 will be doing intense Bible study and reading with his new degree program. 
Speaking of which, last night, our supper hour was thrown back until after 8:00.  By the time we sat down to eat, Dear Son 1 was coming in from the Chicken House and was able to eat with us. Dear Daughter had made a wonderful Blackberry cobbler using a box of Cracker Barrel Biscuit mix. It was delicious.  But what made this dessert all the more sweet was the fact that we were able to eat together.  Afterwards, Dear Daughter spent the evening working on getting her desk ready for school, and Dad and Dear Son 2 went to the Wally world to get cat food.  When they came back in, Dad saw Buttercup under my car.  What a joyous moment.  To add frosting to all these cupcakes, while they were all doing their thing, Dear Son 1 and I watched The Andy Griffith Show while I folded clothes. You just can't get much better than that! 
God bless you all this day, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment