Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Good Night, Martha.

 

I love this painting of George and Martha Washington. The children are most likely grandchildren. I chose this picture not only because it is so lovely, but because it seems to capture the beauty of life--family, home and time spent together. This week has been a whirlwind--I am so behind in EVERYTHING; as we used to say, "it is not even funny." 
But, DS2 and I have had a great night working through a Bible study together (Rod and Staff) and then playing a game.  DD practiced her piano, and I am not sure what DS1 is doing--probably homework. I had probably an entire hour today  with him, and we were able to talk about so many things--nothing important except the time together. Hubby is reading. Bedtime is near. Tomorrow, I will probably be even further behind than I am today, but Martha encourages me! Did you know that she went to winter quarters (during the Revolution) with General George Washington anytime she could?  She mended and sewed for the men, and her motherly presence was a balm to all. 
Wishing you all a good night's rest and a peaceful day tomorrow. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello, there! I just found your blog, and I wanted to say how beautiful it is! It reminds me of a blog I used to love that is no longer available. I would like to follow you, but I see no button or way to subscribe. Your pictures are so pretty! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, there! I just found your blog, and I wanted to say how beautiful it is! It reminds me of a blog I used to love that is no longer available. I would like to follow you, but I see no button or way to subscribe. Your pictures are so pretty! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, Thank you. I will get that Followers button up and running. I used to have a blog called "Our Cross Stitching Home" that looked somewhat like this. Could that have been the one? So nice to have you here.

    ReplyDelete