Sunday, August 7, 2016

Learning Lessons




I have to do a better job taking all of my self-righteous advice about what I watch on television. I love mysteries, histories and especially whodunits.  I made the mistake of watching a mystery/thriller, that I really wish I had not.  The reviews were great, but I should have read closer and took better note of the rating.  Now, I am having to RESET.  We worked really hard Friday on Dear Son 1's basement room, and then Saturday took a little road trip to see lots of different things and do a little back to school shopping. When we got in, we (hubby and I) watched the end of our movie, and regretted every second. Never again. 
To reset, we turned on The Andy Griffith Show and then, the lovely BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. Hubby was asleep by then, but I enjoyed crocheting through some of this lovely, lovely production.  This version has the sound and look of the best of British television, reminding me quite a bit of the beloved series, All Creatures Great and Small. 



James Herriot, Jane Austen, Andy and Barney--you can't go wrong with this crowd!

No comments:

Post a Comment