Thursday, August 4, 2016

Getting Ready

Here we are--some of the books that Dear Daughter will be using in the coming semester.  She will also have A Beka math, and Dad will be working through that with her. As I said in another place, she will be reading some wonderful books- In His Steps, The Pilgrim's Progress, and Pride and Prejudice. I have added two Lamplighter titles, Ishmael, and Self-Raised,  both by E.D.E.N. Southworth.  These are two of the most highly recommended and read of the Lamplighter series. I also want her to read The Autobiography of George Mueller. This is my last year to really have any influence in what she is required to read (I don't think she will be a history major!).  I really like the Landmark English--there are LOTS of dictionary-based assignments. Her favorite professor (other than Dad) in the college courses she has taken always carries in his briefcase a dictionary and a King James Bible. He has had a lot of influence on her, and I am grateful. Anyway, I love dictionary work, and we have done lots of it together over the years. Looks like Dorcas is ready to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment