Sunday, August 14, 2016

Redwall Stew


Hubby's doctor wants him to cut way back on his sugars, sodium and calories, pronto!  That is good advice for all of us.  Here is a picture of my lunch.  Hubby's was much like it, sans the bread and potatoes.  Years ago, I often fixed "Redwall Stew" for the family.  It is a recipe based on DS 2's favorite book series, Redwall. I have described these stories as a cross between Ellis Peter's Brother Cadfael and The Wind in the Willows. Our version of Redwall Stew is simply chicken breasts, carrots, potatoes, and onions thrown into the crock pot all morning.  I added a little low-sodium chicken broth and sea-salt and ground pepper. It is so good, simple and healthy.  The pastor enjoyed it quite a lot. the kids loved it, and I savored the happy memories it brought back.

No comments:

Post a Comment